"Crosswinds" by Daniel Galvez
- On the Brookline Street side of the The Middle East Cafe in Central Square.
- Crosswinds by Daniel Galvez copyright 1992
- Photos by Jeff Dunn
- Special Thanks to Christi Farrow
- Sponsored by the Cambridge Arts Council and the Middle East Cafe
- An eclectic collection of Central Square residents and passersby: an Indian girl with a jewel in her forehead, a saxophonist in a long flowing white robe, the grey haired roller skating "band major" wearing his perennial sign on his chest warning drivers to watch for children; a Boston Bruins fan leaning on his bicycle; a pale blond and an ebony skinned woman, both smiling and swaying; a crown of Middle Eastern motifs, a sacred calf, and family portraits.
Mural copyright Daniel Galvez 1986. Local Creations pages, digitized photographs and text copyright CitySource Inc. 1995. All rights reserved.